Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What Would The Husband Say?

The Mr. and I have been married a little over three weeks now. This Sunday will mark the four week period (almost a full month) and it’s incredible to me how fast this month has flown by. Going into our wedding and honeymoon we kept telling ourselves and friends “if we can only get through the wedding then things will be so much better money wise and stress wise. It’ll be fantastic!” Now we’re saying, “If we can only get through Christmas things will be better money wise and stress wise,” and it makes me wonder if things will ever really “get better?”

Over the last few weeks, I’ve been faced with some pretty important job decisions which the Mr. has been fantastic in helping me talk through, but at the end of the day there are still so many unanswered questions. Before, I just worried about me. There was no additional person to worry about! I wasn’t worried about anyone’s needs but my own. There was no pressure or uncertainty about anyone else’s future but my own. Now, there are two. Not counting the dogs and cat of course. That would make for five and I just can’t handle that right now so there are two.

I am incredibly fortunate in that anything I want to go for or do, Hunter is there with me supporting me and telling me he loves me and I can do it. I want to do the same for him. I want to support him while he goes back to school however I can. I want to support him in career moves and advice he may need. I want to support him just in everyday life.

Before Hunter and I got married I had several wonderful books recommended to me including 5 Love Languages and also My So Called Life As A Proverbs 31 Wife along with a few others and I have to say that while those books were fantastic now I’m almost drowned in wanting to be an amazing wife that I think I’m making it harder on myself!

The latest job decision is whether I dedicate two days to being a nanny and the other 3 weekdays to my business and being a wife/homemaker or if I work 40 hours a week and Hunter works at the fire station and takes over the business and it’s a hard decision. I’ve gone back and forth so many times I really have no idea what I want to do much less what I need to do.

2 comments:

Amanda R said...

Nick and I have been married for 9 years now and he is exactly like your Hunter, super supportive of me no matter what I decide to do and I always want to be that for him too. I want to be this perfect wife and mother, but I'm just me, doing the best I can. And Nick and my kiddos love me just as I am and that right there is perfect. Hugs to you and happy wishes for a good, strong marriage!

Shell said...

Sometimes it is just about getting through the next thing and hoping it will be better!

Sounds like you've got a nice supportive husband there!

Post a Comment